Friday, June 06, 2008

Definitely out of here Monday!

Right after my blood work and bone marrow, we're heading out! We plan to stop in Cleveland and Chicago Monday and Tuesday nights (MC's sisters), take I-90 across South Dakota, hitting a motel in western SD Wednesday night, then Thursday night with friends Karl and Karen in Bozeman,MT and home in Sandpoint Friday! I had the Honda checked out at a local garage, oil change, etc., It's ready to go.

A strong thunderstorm hit he DC area Wednesday afternoon. We were amongst the "100's of thousands" with no power for the last 48 hours. It's beyond comprehension, why one of the richest metro areas in this country, full of towering trees with shallow root systems and predisposed to frequent strong thunderstorms, hasn't made the investment in burying their power lines years ago. Talk about "penny-wise and pound foolish"!

At clinic Thursday Creatinine was down to 2.02. (normal would be down to 1.0). Most of the fluid is off now, just a modest amount still on the ankles and waist. My biggest challenge has been altered taste due to my medications. I'm hungry and thirsty, but everything tastes weird. It's pretty frustrating. Something will look good, I bite into it, and "ugh!". MC made a "Power Outage Soup" - from all the stuff in Chinky's refrigerator that was going to go bad if we didn't use it - it turned out to be very tasty. I had two bowls. Hopefully, when I get off the Fluconazole on Monday this problem will improve.

Tomorrow we're driving 35 miles up the Freeway to Frederick, MD home of AOPA, the largest pilot organization in the USA. Tomorrow is their annual fly-in and open house. In addition to all the interesting aircraft on display,and the latest avionics and gadgets, there are safety seminars, and a special breakfast for for Airport Support Network volunteers. I happen to be the ASN for Sandpoint. Looking forward to it

Phil

6 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FAR F'ING OUT! WAY TO GO PHIL AND MARY CATHERINE! YOU GUYS ARE ONE DYNAMIC DUO....!
Looking forward to your next visit to Orcas. Maybe Bonnie and Joe can come over with a kyak or something. Drive safe.
Julia

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just now finished the NYT Friday crossword in which "pennywise and pound foolish" had a major role. So you're ready to hit the trail home. Hoorah!

I hope MC saved the Power Outage Soup recipe. Its name alone could win a contest.

This week has been Bike Week in Sandpoint. It culminated tonight with a short films event at the Panida with loads of "schwag" (new word for me) given away. I didn't win anything but all around my seat, lightning was striking.

I'm very happy to hear you are regaining your robust health!

Karen

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Sarita Role said...

As Paraguayans would say: ESPECTACULAR!!!!

Soooooo glad to hear you are unplugged (from your central line), discharged, and homeward bound!!!

Can't imagine you having mild reactions to CHOCOLATE but don't worry, mom makes about a billion delicious un-chocolate desserts...like pumpkin roll and that blueberry, raspberry, creamcheese tart...mmmm...

Wedding RSVPs are rolling in on Evite...it's going to be a blast!

Doing everything possible to distract me from my impatience while I survive my last 16 Ethan-less days...

Lots of love to you and Super-mom...

-G

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Phil and Mary C,

So glad to hear all is going well. Bucky's remission is still going strong. Heard from a "new" friend in Washington. Fred is in remission too. You guys are all pretty tough. Good! Have a safe trip home. Sheila Ray

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine you with fat ankles! And don't worry about the chocolate thing. When I had my tonsils out I couldn't do yogurt for a while and when I had morning sickness walnuts were definitely out. Just glad to know your eating Mary Catherine's gourmet food! Please say hi to Barbara and Bernie. Wind in the rear and idiot free roads-be safe....Love Peggy

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoo! We've been out of town and touch so just caught up and realize you are "on the road" as of yesterday. Safe travels and let us know when the chocolate cravings come back - if they don't you may be able to market a new "weight loss" pill! Looking forward to especially boring blogs in the future (healthwise anyway)! MC's new nickname is WW (whatawoman) for all her support during these days. Love ya, Kathy and Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home