Another Day
Pretty uneventful day again. Phil's counts (most of them) are improving: WBC 7740 (within normal), HCT 24.1 (low), ANC 6742 (High) so he gets to stop GCSF (granulocyte-colony stimulating factor). Those were the shots in the abdomen. He is still spiking a fever and although nothing grows in the cultures they can't explain why, being treated with 2 antibiotics sensitive to the Staph Aureus that started this.
We watched "You, Me and Dupree" , from the upstairs library, which started out slowly but got to be pretty good. Not much energy and not sleeping well doesn't fit him well. Looking forward to normal temps and more riding on the cycle in the next few days.
Thanks for all the comments. We love 'em.
MC

4 Comments:
Sounds to me like you're around the corner and off and running up the hill. I've been checking your blog all day, in between "emergency" calls. (I'm on call this weekend for the local world.) I was really glad to finally get some good news. Are they going to repeat the CT to take another look at those septic nodules and infiltrates? - Dave and Pat
PS - did I tell you we watched the Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill? We also watched and recommend "Juno," if you haven't seen it. Dave and Pat again.
I finally figured this out!! For some reason I had been unable to post a comment! and you know how I like to comment!! :) Anyway I posted on the 23rd however!! I tell you... I am glad there is only one of me!!! Aren't you?!!
I am joyous that things are going so well now... Continue to fight the good fight!!! Love to you both
lane
i'll be impressed when the fever is gone... ... however at least the stem cells are doing what they can do...
meanwhile watch lots of good films... and 'chill' as our (my) kids say..
love
n
Post a Comment
<< Home