Saturday, May 17, 2008

Short and to the point

Counts are dropping, as expected. WBC's today 425 (Normal 3300-9600), making me officially "neutropenic". Hct not too bad 30.9, platelets 22 (hold off on the shaving for a few days maybe.
Generally start off the day feeling strong, hint of an appetite, clear headed. By afternoon, due to the drugs especially the cyclosporine A (immunosuppressant), antiemetics and what not, feel queasier, groggy, scrambled. But I'm handling it a little better each day, and those counts should start to turn upward in 2-3 days. I know I have plenty of outside lift to help me out here!

Love Philip

8 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the frequent updates. LiveStrong went on a bike ride today and also to a yoga workshop. Summer really does seem to have frog-jumped over the top of spring. I just now got my first mosquito bite, on my elbow. Right here on Lake Street!

Glad to see you were back at the keyboard today, Phil. And MC, so happy you've been womanning the computer.

Love, Karen & Tom

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil: Enjoy reading the daily blog. Regards to Lane.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaving? You still have hair? I don't think they are giving you enough poison. JK
Good to see you are well enough to blog and hope you will eat soon.
Dr Chanx's associate, Karen

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just left a comment but didn't see it pop up yet. Lag time? Will call you tomorrow. Reads like first thing in the morning PCT would connect with the better part of your workday (and it does sound like you are doing some stressful, serious work.) Drink deeply... OJ?

ebbtidings, b

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dr.Dong: I thought I fired Karen!!!! Professor Ch*nx.

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

This has not been my very best week, health wise, but am feeling better due to a new set of drugs to curtail problems. Friday was a full day of graduation, and yesterday was a half day. Passed on the third day of graduation today, supposed on the Mall behind the Whitehouse due to threatening weather and the wish to not have to head for the hills with the thousands of grads parents and faculty if the heavens opened.

We will call you and see if you can use some company this PM.

Love, sharon and peter

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have stopped criss-crossing the country and your path long enough to check in and say you're doing better with your exercycle than I'm doing with mine! Here's up onward and upward in a mere 2 or 3 more days.

Love - Doris

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,I saw that you haven't been playing guitar yet,but don't worry,I've got you covered.I strapped on the Livestrong and my slide guitar and played a killer version of Crossroad Blues for you.You were awesome! Anyone sitting across from us would have had their face shredded!I will continue to jam for us until you are back in the groove.Thinking of you both often.
terry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home