Lower
Counts continue downward: Platelets 21 (normal 154-345; stops bleeding), Hematocrit 32 (normal 36.7-48.3; carries oxygen in blood, Absolute neutrophils 0.059 (normal 1.5 80-5.280; fights infection). We are watching for a slow return up in the next few days. Meanwhile life is slow. Phil is feeling like a sleeping baby except without the appetite. Also we're trying to find a reasonable way to deal with the stubborn N & V to gain more strength in the face of a lowered hematocrit and immunosuppression. More difficult than 3 years ago. This too will pass. Time is our friend.
I know Phil likes all the encouraging words. Thanks all you livestrong folks out there!
Mary Catherine

3 Comments:
Hi, Phil. I'm watching a kyaker who's right out in the middle of the pass, fighting the current. Thinking of you - just stay close to the shore, the tide will change... We're all here, waiting for your return.
Love you both. Julia
We here in "one" of your hometowns are all cheering you on. I don't know anybody who loves food as much as you. Your excellent appetite will finally get the upper hand, I'm sure.
Beautiful summer days here but what happened to spring? I know it'll stage a surprise attack since Tom planted a tomato plant today.
When you return, your bottle of limoncello will be perfectly aged. I strained out the lemon zest tonight, added the hooch and the syrup and will bottle tomorrow outside while in the house the white fog will rise as Shummy deals with the drywall.
Love, karen
M.C.& Phil: We had ch*nx last night in honor of Dr. D*nk. My arteries are all clogged this morning. Thinking of you guys. Mr. G.
Post a Comment
<< Home