Saturday, May 24, 2008

One Small Step at a Time

Generally a non-eventful day, although the fact that the fever (101.5) and mild chills keep recurring is certainly a concern, although the infectious disease attending told us yesterday when they added the second drug that that pattern could last for another two or three day period. Appetite remains fair to poor due to multiple drugs. Experiencing for some days now some edema in the legs due to being on not one but two nephrotoxic (kidney-impairing) drugs, the immunosuppressants. Thankfully one of them will be dropped after the 26th.

Counts continue to move in the right direction: WBC 2950, HCT 25.2, (ANC 2531) Platelets 29. At least got out of the room today for a long walk in the hospital with Mary Catherine.

5 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Continuing to keep you in our thoughts. Good to hear you're able to take a walk - just know that we're all around you with every step. Keep those docs on their toes so you can soon be dancing on yours!
Love, Julia

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Phil and Mary Catherine - We were glad to hear more good news, though it could have been better. Pat and I are thinking about you.
And I'm thinking positive thoughts and wearing the yellow bracelet, but it occurred to me - maybe I'm supposed to be rubbing it, or singing to it? - Dave

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MC and Phil,
Cassie is here in Lawrence, and we send you love and lots of light. We've been checking your blog daily and we are with you guys!
xoxo,
Cass and Cindy

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, It is good to hear that things are moving in the right direction and that you could get up a little. We played catch-up on your blog site. I continue to visualize you on your bike riding to the airport - you always looked very contented and happy. Hey, if folks want to rub your bracelet and chant as was suggested - we are up for that. We are sending good, healthy thoughts in your direction. Love, Sue and Bill

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil,

I remember taking Annie up the trail to the top of Trapper Peak (the highest point in the Bitterroots). I remember telling her there were times when you couldn't see the top but that didn't mean you weren't making progress. And, you could imagine what the top would look like, even when you were in the trees. I also remembered that when I was in the worst of my recovery from spinal fusion last December. I am thinking about how great you are going to feel when you can see the top, after all of this hard slogging.

--Laura

 

Post a Comment

<< Home