Getting There
The highest temp today is 101 F so we may be making some progress on the fevers. My doctors have more tests and consults lined up for tomorrow. Basically I'm feeling better and stronger. The biggest concern is decreased kidney function caused by the immunosuppressants. We're finishing one of the two today. Because of the decreased kidney function I'm carrying at least 15 lbs of excess fluid weight. I hardly recognize myself as the weight is distributed from the knees to the upper chest. We're talking thunder thighs and Buddha belly. This problem is reversible and hopefully we will see some improvement beginning in another day or so. The white blood cell line is well recovered (WBC 10,800; ANC 9007). HCT 24.2 is possibly beginning to creep up. Platelets seem to be stalled at 21 (some of the drugs affecting the kidneys also decrease platelet count).
We enjoyed a romantic comedy "While You Were Sleeping". Highly recommended.

7 Comments:
Gee, I have thunder thighs and a Buddha belly without the drugs
Bill
Hello,
So glad you are feeling better and stronger. You are in our thoughts, prayers and conversations everyday.
Another great movie to watch is
"Lars and the Real Girl." I liked the brother's definition of a man.
Love to you and my sis:)
Bernie
Back tonight from the long weekend on the lake. As we sailed (scooted!!) back from Johnson Creek all the way to Hope this afternoon, Tom and I started to think about you two. We wish you good wind at your back as we had. I ducked down into the cabin and found the camera and took 360 degrees of pictures. THe snow fingers that reached down into the water from the top of the Monarchs are totally gone. I went ashore at Hope so I could drive the truck home while Tom had even fiercer winds sailing onto the Windbag. Anyway, as soon as I load that panorama, I'll send it to you.
Love to you two, Karen & Tom
Glad to hear the temp is down. Maybe the Buddha look could pay off - start your own religion. Ye Old Kirk of the Kitchen? Church of the Cherokee? We could all join, tithe HUGHLY and keep you in grand style.
Keep your eyes out for the movie "Love Me If You Dare". Outstanding!
Love, Phil and Kate
Hi Phil and MC,
Sounds like a tough journey but the destination will be worth it in the end...I know it will. I'd love to see you with thunder thighs and a buddha belly - please take a photo - it's just unimaginable. Hope you are ready for chocolate soon - before I eat it all! Hang in there! Love ya, Kathy and Mike
Phil and MC,
Dale and I returned from the river, sharing the weekend of high water with Rich, Will and a 6-month pregnant Kyle Schaefer. An early peak was last Wednesday, with 150,000 cfs and all the weenie boaters stayed home. It was quiet and glorious and we toasted your recovery. We also ate a dutch oven prime rib and marion berry pie so keep that in mind for when your appetite returns.
Also tell those stem cells to get in gear because we need you both here for a VG&D orchard lighting ceremony for Rosemary's wedding on Saturday June 21. Save the Father of the Bride! You have the same to look forward to in September when Sara gets hitched!
Take care. We are all rooting for you. Consider yourself hugged.
Love,
Betsy
Phil & Mary Catherine,
Joyce and I returned from our five-week vacation in France, Spain, and Portugal on May 8. We brought back lots of cheese and tried to invite you to a french cheese party but, you were not here. Karen and Tom let us know about your bone marrow transplant and your blog. So here we are.
We hope you return soon with positive results.
Love and prayers for you both,
Bud & Joyce
Post a Comment
<< Home