Me, impatient?
We have done a lot in the week since returning to Sandpoint. The weather has been perfect, mid 70's during the day, dry. Lawn and garden are looking great. Got the wedding invitations printed and sent off. We've had dinners with a few friends to "catch up", and thank them for their support through the transplant ordeal.
Appetite and taste are slowly improving, but still far from eating with my normal "gusto". Weird!
Feeling somewhat frustrated in my efforts to re-gain strength and stamina. Working out on weight machines at the Club, swimming, riding my bicycle for all errands in town and one 12 mile ride on my road bike on my beautiful new, smooth wooden rims. By Friday I had to admit to myself that I was showing signs of "over training", and took a three day break. The fact that my hematocrit (red blood cell count)is still sitting at 26.1 (my normal is 40-45) certainly is a major factor. Red blood cell production may be slower this time around due to the kidney damage. Normally your kidney secretes a hormone (erythropoiten - the infamous performance enhancer "Epo") that stimulates red cell production by the bone marrow.
I'll just have to be patient. (Not easy for me!)
I may not be able to pedal up a small hill, but I'm certainly strong enough to fly an airplane. I did some proficiency maneuvers with an instructor last Saturday, instrument flying practice with George on Thursday, flew MC and a friend to a breakfast Fly-in In Plains, MT yesterday morning, and then in the afternoon MC and I flew down to Lewiston for a dinner/work party with our old gourmet group there. We strung lights on fruit trees in their backyard in preparation for their daughter's wedding on the 5th of July. We had a nice flight back to Sandpoint this morning. I'm counting my blessings!
Phil

6 Comments:
Happy to hear you are doing well. Your non active state makes me look really BAD!!! Working a lot lately.... gets in the way of social life and I hate that!!
My '83 honda wagon has 280k burns a little oil but still gets around 37 mi/gal. I don't drive it anymore but can't seem to get rid of it.
Hello to Dr. Shlong!! so glad you are back in form!! :)
I'll be in Sandpoint for a wedding in late July... Maybe we can get together. I'll get the dates straight and let you know what weekend...
Take care...You two are never far from thought or pray!!
lane
Hi Phil and MC,
Sounds like life is almost back to normal...how fantastic! I know you are looking forward to the full appetite and fitness, but practice patience, Phil (hahaha!)
We got the wedding invite yesterday and are looking at our calendars. We'd love a trip out to see you all and witness the event. Will let you know soon.
We'll be in Boston next month for a long weekend with our kids (attending a wedding). Any suggestions for good eats? We'll be downtown and our appetites are in full swing.
Ready for chocolate yet? Best, Kathy & Mike
Am I invited to the wedding?
Hope your chocolate-buds come back soon...I'll be in touch about the menu. Ethan arrives at 9:45 am tomorrow!!
Love you
-g
Dr. Phil: Keep blogging. Bubba my roommate is getting testy. Prison is like a hospital.
Hans Lumpe Pulsifer III
greetings from wuhan, china. Wonderful to hear that you are doing well. Your bad form is better than my good form. However the chocolate issue is serious. Maybe once you start eating chocolate again the rest will fall into place. Actually this is probably because my lazy stem cells are not being productive enough.
Glad to hear that the flying is up to speed. I guess we'll be picking you two up at Calverton airport soon.
love
the perfect one.
Phil: Happy July 4th in the can. Is da brat single?
Hans Lumpe Pulsifer III
Post a Comment
<< Home