Mary Catherine's Birthday!
Nancy said: "my stem cells are overachievers". Well all the Doctor had to say was "most people's stem cells don't begin to kick in until day 10-12", and sure enough my absolute neutrophil count here on day #8 just jumped from 5 to 83. Way to go Nancy!
But this is MC's birthday, enough about me! I want to talk about this real "Wonder Woman". For certainly without her support and love, I never could have gotten through these last 5 months, the five rounds of induction chemo and now the transplant. Probably everyone reading this blog (which she set up) knows how incredibly talented she is in fiber arts, nursing, cooking, and gardening. Did I mention cooking? Mmmmm Mmmmm.Her 10 siblings know how devoted and unselfish she is, and can count on a receptive ear anytime, well into the wee hours of the morning. She is an incredible mother. Did you know we met a couple in Atlanta in the 1970's who weren't planning to have kids, but then were so inspired when they saw MC with Natty, that they went on to have four of their own?! Her back problem of the last few years, that would've sent most people to surgery, has only slowed her down a little. I'd bet she's in better shape than 90% of US 18 year olds!
A toast to Mary Catherine!
Phil

11 Comments:
Happy,happy birthday Mary Catherine!!!!
I feel blessed to have you as my sister.
Ditto to everything Phil wrote. I often look at you and say to myself "how does she do that?" I love who you are more than what you do... your sensitivity, giving spirit, patience, zest for life, just to name a few.
I love you Mary Catherine! Have a wonderful day! I hope you feel very loved! God bless you!
Love your little-big sister Bernie
Hi Phil,
Fantastic progress! I am so glad to hear that report. I have more uplifting news. I spoke with my friend who had the same procedure six years ago. She also had m.m. She is doing great. So happy healing to you!
Love Bernie
Happy Birthday, cuz! What a wonderful b-day present,,,that must be a whole gallon of the famous "absolut newphil"! I'm sure you're both quite intoxicated.
Have a wonderful day. Love, Julia
Way to go M.C. Have Philancy take you for chanx when he is released.
Happy, Happy, Happy day to you Mary Catherine!!!! I've always know what an incredible person you are. You are quite an inspiration!! Try and do something wonderful for yourself today!! I like a hot bubble bath with nice music and tea, candle are good too!! Take care of you!!
Good news for you to phil... you'll be out and about in now time!!
lotsa, love,light and laughter...
lane
Dear Mary Catherine and Phil,
Happy birthday Mary Catherine! You are truly an inspiring woman in so many ways. Phil and your children are blessed to have you in their lives.
Phil - way to go on the counts!!! Keep pedaling up that hill buddy. The crest is just ahead and it's all downhill from there.
Love,
Kathy and Phil Austin
Happy Birthday Cackern! I can't believe some actually thought we were twins at one time...I can't cook, don't like to garden, can't see teeny beads let alone anybody passing me on a hill like Philancy ONCE did--go Phil! I'll be ready!-- but you are a real sweetheart anyway! Unfortunately, if I want to live longer, I have to say this in public that you are just ONE of my favorite [SEVEN] sisters...but I figure at least today you ARE my favorite sister! Phil's lucky to have you (no one else would get on a tandem or go up in a plane with him!) Have a great day!
Love Johnny Jean
PS Keep kickin' ass, Philancy!
Dear Phil and Mary Catherine,
I love logging in and reading these blogs. They're so uplifting! Happy Birthday Mary Catherine!! What a wonderful gift to have such an appreciative husband. I knew you two had something special when I saw your new cement work with Phil's handywork on it. I think with your love and positive attitudes the two of you can make it through anything. More happy throughts, prayers, and best wishes coming your way. Keep up the good work!
Heather Hellier
Happy Birthday Mary Catherine and Happy Friday to Phil, every day is so special.
It's showery here in Sandpoint, but a nice change from the heat.
Keep up the good work, you're both such an inspiration to the rest of us.
Good luck and lots of love,
Sandy & Gordon G.
Happy Birthday, Mary Catherine! Ditto to all that everyone has said about you! What I would add is the wonderful sense of humor, and the great laugh that I have tried to imitate for years, it's so rich! I love you very much, and feel blessed to have you in my life.
Great going with the numbers, Phil! I'm not at all sure what they all mean, but you sure make them sound terrific! (Not all of us speak that language, you know..) Hope you guys come back this way on your way home. I want to see that Superman suit in action!
Love to you both, Elizabeth
Happy Birthday MC! Phil put it wonderfully, you are incredible and its an honor to have the two of you as friends. I visited with Sarah today at Artwalk. The two of you have done a great job as parents.
Phil, the overachieving stem cells does not surprise us. They are probably already riding, swimming and running. Are you still wearing your superman outfit?
Stay cool. Positive vibes going your direction. Sue and Bill
Post a Comment
<< Home