Hey Already on the upswing!
The key is "dont' eat". I kept trying and just getting sick at the site of any food, After throwing up even pure Gatorade yestrerday, I said "screw it" and opted for the TPN. It took another 18 hours and a couple more kneels at the throne (ah college memories) to clean out the evil spirits, but on pure TPN and Lipids, scopolamine patch, q6hr ativan and prn zofran, I'm feeling pretty damn human now. Spent the afternoon, finishing "Peace Like River" (Thanks Terry!), answerring e-mail (I'm feeling completely loved), and even jogged aroud the inside hospital courtyard a few times!,made some phone calls, cheered up my DAD and Mom (but they were already riding high on the 8lb bluefish my dad had just caught surf casting on Nantucket ) - think about that for an 87 yo Role Model!.
Listening to my Arethra Franklin CD and planning to take in the Red Sox vs Yankees game on the TV. If they wake me for vital signs or blood at 3:30 AM I may just stay awake to catch stage 13(?) of the tour to route for Lance (the namesake of my Hickman Catheter and my Survivor role model)
LOve to you all
Phil (soon to be Phil(N)ancy (or Phlancy) after the big stem cell infusion Tomorrow!

10 Comments:
Way to go! Glad it's under control. Looking forward to hearing from Phlancy. Onward.
Julia
Yipppppeeeee!!! Sooo glad to hear you are feeling better... Sounds like that beautiful smile is back!! Continue on, thanks so much for the updates...
Love,light and laughter..
lane
Phil,quit wasting your time throwing up and learn how to play that beautiful Martin!I expect you to be jammin'next time around.Had a nice talk with Bram the other day,hope we can get together soon.We are sending love and prayers your way.I will blog you again soon.
Terry
Hi Phil and MC,
Great to be able to follow your progress beck here in Sandpoint. MC, the Monday evening gatherings arent the same without you. Our thoughts are with you, feel the vibes?
Love,
Sandy and Gordon
"The key is 'don't eat.'"
?????
This quote from you, Dr. Phil Role, Gastronomic Extraordinaire himself, shall be saved and oft quoted in your presence, while we are all gorging.
Yes, go ahead and feel "completely loved." Because you are!
Love, karen
p.s. What a good personality profile Nancy gave! She sounds utterly delightful. I can't wait to see you so compliant.
Sweeeeeeeeet Phil :)
Finished another big boda bicycle today. used reeds from the lake to weave a rear seat thatz so sweet. Thinking bout ya posativly POSATIVE. Maybe hold your eyeballs in when your huckin at the throne so U dont loose one. See you down stream Rafreki.
Phil and Mary Catherine,
Sending you both lots of love and prayers from the midwest and a chain that will stretch around the world:)
I hope your hurling days are over Phil.
Love Bernie
hey phil,
Thanks for the message this morning - with all you have going on, can't believe you took the time to call. Have done a quick catch-up on your blogs - have to admit they had me pretty teary eyed. You are a true inspiration Dr. Phil.
Burney's river preparations are in full swing as he leaves in the am. I know your presence will be sorely missed this year. I'm not going - one big reason being that it wouldn't be the same w/out you and MC.
Love to both of you - hope all goes well tomorrow.
big bear hugs and bundles of kisses,
robin
The first time I drove the Col du Galibier, the pass Lance and the other cyclists rode yesterday, I thought I was going to have to stop the Renault and back up to make some of the curves. I think it, like the rest of the world, was made for bicycles.
It's out there waiting for you, Phil.
Jim Fisher
I got this in my email the other day and thought maybe some of it you two might get a chuckle from.
Be well you two. MC, don't forget to take care of you....
Lane
After every flight, pilots complete a gripe sheet which conveys to the mechanics problems encountered with the aircraft during the flight that need repair or correction. The form is a piece of paper that the pilot completes and then the mechanics read and correct the problem. They then respond in writing on the lower half of the form what remedial action was taken and the pilot reviews the gripe sheets before the next flight.
Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of humor. Here are some actual logged maintenance complaints and problems as submitted by Qantas pilots and the solution recorded by maintenance engineers. By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never had an accident.
P = The problem logged by the pilot. S = The solution and action taken by the engineers.)
P: Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement. S: Almost replaced left inside main tyre.
P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough. S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.
P: Something loose in cockpit. S: Something tightened in cockpit
P: Dead bugs on windshield. S: Live bugs on back-order.
P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent. S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.
P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear. S: Evidence removed.
P: DME volume unbelievably loud. S: DME volume set to more believable level.
P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick. S: That's what they're there for.
P: IFF inoperative. S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.
P: Suspected crack in windshield. S: Suspect you're right.
P: Number 3 engine missing. S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.
P: Aircraft handles funny. S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.
P: Target radar hums. S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.
P: Mouse in cockpit. S: Cat installed.
Post a Comment
<< Home