Thursday, May 19, 2005

Enjoying the time between cycles

The weekend in Walla Walla was great. Succeeded in getting some Comanche contacts in DC. For once I avoided revealing my situation. At one point someone asked me what happened to my hair. I said "it just fell out". They laughed and said "yeah, right" but didn't pursue it further. It was just nice to spend a whole weekend talking about, Comanches, flying and good wine, and NOT discussing my illness and the pllanned stem cell transplant.
Went running Saturday. Have to admit I'm getting slower and slower, but I keep trying. Even though I was able to eat OK by the 2nd day home, my taste and appetite wasn't really normal until 6 or 7 days out. Sure appreciate the little things.
Bram arrived home from his Geology work in the Southwest late Monday. I gave him a list of things we could do together. We did a 2o mile road bike ride on Tuesday. Today we flew to Wenatchee, rented a car and visited my Navy Internal Medicine mentor, Buz Sandri, in Leavenworth, WA. Saw his beautiful cabin and newly planted vineyard, great trip. Tomorrow Bram wants me to teach him how to tune the Bus, since it will be his some day. Been a while since I've done it, but it's pretty simple.
Two more days before I head back to Bethesda for cycle #4. I treasure my time here. Lost in the 50's parade tomorrow evening. George and Julie are flying in for it and will join us for dinner. Car viewing Saturday. Weather's supposed to be nice, so I might go for one more flight. If we stop at 4 cycles, it might be my last flight for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home