Thursday, May 12, 2005

Third Cycle Done

Returned home late Monday May 9th. This last cycle went pretty well. Only sick for a couple of days afterwards this time.
Some good news, and some less good news when seen in the clinic last Thursday: they finally agreed to stop giving me the vincristine that was making the nerve damage in my legs worse, but my CD4 level isn't dropping fast enough to get by with the planned 4 cycles of induction chemo - I may need a 5th cycle - which would push the transplant into early July. I won't find out about this until I'm seen in clinic next time - May 26th. Well, I guess I'd rather be in Sandpoint in June than DC.
So great to be back home. Everything is green and in bloom. Weather permitting we'll be flying to Walla Walla, WA tomorrow for a weekend Comanche Fly-in. There'll be hot air balloons, BBQ, a dinner, and wine tastings. I'm hoping to network some names of Comanche pilots in the DC area whom I might be able to fly with after the transplant. Should be fun.

Phil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home