Monday, June 27, 2005

Heading Down The Highway

The last week has whizzed by. I guess I should've painted the fence, but the weather was so beautiful I spent my time enjoying the Sandpoint area and visiting with friends. Lunch at Bottle Bay, relaxing on the beach at Green Bay, two long bike rides, a flight to Kalispell and one to Cavanaugh Bay on Priest Lake. This is definitely one of the prettiest times of the year here.
Tomorrow we begin the 6 day drive to Bethesda. I've always loved driving cross country, and am looking forward to this trip. It's approximately 22 hours to Minneapolis. At Billings MT we'll pick up I-94 into North Dakota and pass through Bismarck, and Fargo - places neither of us has seen before. On Thursday we drive from Minneapolis to Chicago, on Saturday to Cleveland, and on into Bethesda on July 4th.
I feel physically and mentally ready for the next step in the protocol: the transplant!

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sitting out the rain in the log room and thinking about you and MC Honda-ing eastward, bikes going even faster than they are used to. I've seen Phil whip down Second Avenue on his way to the hospital, his helmet a blur of red and white. I hope Fargo is fascinating and Bismarch remarkable. I know the sisters will be lovely. I'm still pondering your second conception. What a creative idea you had there, Phil. But I wonder if it will be as much fun for.......who? this time.

Love from Lake Street, K

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance is off to a good start, and hopefully you'll have great fireworks in Bethesda for your arrival! Katrina's real serious about getting down there, MC, so don't hesitate to let her know where you are if you want her. Keeping you guys in my heart. Love, Julia

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance is off to a good start, and hopefully you'll have great fireworks in Bethesda for your arrival! Katrina's real serious about getting down there, MC, so don't hesitate to let her know where you are if you want her. Keeping you guys in my heart. Love, Julia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home