Thursday, September 06, 2007

August whizzed by...

August was another fun filled month that seemed to just whiz by. Seven nights (spread over two weeks) attending the Festival at Sandpoint. The highlight was probably the Lyle Lovett concert. He puts on a first class show! We teamed up with various friends to share sitting in line duties (it's open seating for the concerts) and wonderful picnic dinners. Sarah left for Paraguay on the 10th, arrived safely and is now very busy with "challenging" projects.
We had a good turnout, both local attendees and visiting aircraft, for our Airport Fly-in. From the 14th-19th we were in Tacoma for this year's International Comanche Society convention. Spending 5 days with knowledgeable pilots from all over the world who share my interest in these 40+ year old aircraft was very enjoyable and informative. We stayed an extra night in the Seattle area to celebrate MC's sister from Copenhagen, Suzanne's, birthday.
What else? Picked gallons of big plump blueberries to freeze and enjoy all year, sailed with Kathy and Phil, lots of bicycling and rowing, an evening dinner cruise with Bill and Sue on their classic '52 Chris Craft, flying to a grass strip on nearby Priest Lake for breakfast with Peter from Silver Springs (MD), and a one day kayaking trip on the Kootenai River.
I worked the last week of the month in Great Falls, MT, had two days off and am now on a two week assignment in Auburn, WA.
On my blood test the end of August the IgA was up almost 40%, from 321 to 445, but still within the normal range (90-499). Dr Bishop had said that I shouldn't expect a response to July's DLI until two months, so it's too early to say whether it worked or not. So I continue to live with some uncertainty, what's new? It does affect one's decision making. Do I buy a Season Pass for skiing this winter? Do I invest thousands of dollars in an autopilot for the Comanche? Fall is apparently a slow time for Locums work. I have nothing lined up after this current job until late November. I guess I should just make the most of my free time!

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Phil, I somehow missed that you, too, have Myeloma. It sounds as if you're getting good care, but have been through a great deal - good to have a sense of humor, eh what? One of the reasons I chose Vescio is that he's the first out of 5 doctors I've consulted with who expects me to live (die of old age). Gotta go with that, right? Erica, Larry's other mother....

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil: Buy a seasons pass. Dr. Donk-a lonk. Regards to Lane.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Lane said...

hello!! I am sorry I haven't written but like a dummy I couldn't post and didn't know why... hopefully I have it figured out. Regards back to Dr. Donk-a lonk!!? Whats with the new name?

Things here are about the same. We have a new horse so we have been riding more. About a month and a half ago Jeff and I were going for a quick ride... I got on and I think I lasted about 8 sec. and that was it... for some reason my horse wouldn't stand still and triped herself. We went crashing to the ground... Thank God I had a helmet on, it knocked me out and I did a little posturing move. Anyway the good news is I came in to the ED, they did a CT scan... and now I have proof!!! I REALLY DO HAVE A BRAIN!!! I am going to try and make a wallet size photo of it so that I can show people!! hehehehe... My dog recently ate some gorilla glue.. not a good idea. He ended up at WSU with a gastrotomy!!! the litte sh__ anyway. He lucky I have a tender heart!!! I am going to a critical care conf. in Las Vegas in October!!! What a birthday gift that is!!!
Anyway life continues on.... I am glad you are doing well. How do you have time to work with all of the social activities!! I would have loved seeing Lyle Lovett!! I bet it was a great concert!!
Who are you pulling for in the Pres. race?
Enough of my rambling!! give your lovely wife a hug for me and kiss yourself!!! hahahaha
see a later...
lane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home