Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year 2007

Lab last week looked good. Looks like everything is still being "held in check" the way it's supposed to be.
I'm now in Seattle at Mary Catherine's cousin's home. Julia and her husband Tom are graciously letting me stay in their downstairs apartment for the month of January. I'll be working at the University of Washington Hospital - the final step in my Anesthesia re-entry plan. It should be interesting and stimulating. It will also be more fun, compared to my Locums work. Plenty of friends here in the Seattle area, lots to do, and I brought my commuter bike! I will also make a quick visit home to Sandpoint mid month.
My December plans were derailed by a nasty cold I came down with 2 days after my return to Sandpoint. My ski season was delayed, but I still managed to get 5 good days, including some awesome powder and one day climbing up Schweitzer with Bram on our back country skis with climbing "skins". I eventually decided that driving my Dad's '90 Pontiac cross country solo in the dead of winter was too crazy even for me, and cancelled that project. I was sorry to miss out on my parent's 65th Anniversary in Boston. Mary Catherine and I flew in the Comanche down to Lewiston for a Holiday gathering of our many friends there. On the way back to Sandpoint the visibility was so good we could see every mountain range within 100 miles!
The end of the month will find me back in Bethesda at NIH for my 18 month check-up: bone marrow, blood tests, etc. Eighteen months since my stem cell transplant. Hard to believe. As Jerry said "what a long strange trip it's been".

3 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Lane said...

So glad to hear things are still going so well. I don't know how your mom and dad did the 65 years but cheers to them. (as you know I'm not that great at the whole relationship thing) I hadn't checked the blog for sometime, my mom was in and out of the hospital this fall. She passed away on the 22nd of December, still working through that. So glad she was my mom she was truely a sweet, sweet person.
I was in Seattle last weekend I am sorry I hadn't read your blog perhaps I could have seen you. Boys went to the game I went shopping and bought a new pillow....stupid huh? Had a good time, it was good to get out of town and take a little break....
Take care of yourself, give your wife a squeeze and say hello from me...

lane

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no comment about Chanx? He must be slipping. And no I did'nt put concrete shoes on him and put him in the brook!
Glad to hear you're still doing well. Skied in VT last week and it was good considering there is no natural snow.
Karen

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lane: Sorry to hear about your mother. I have not read the blog lately either. I have been skiing with Karen in Vermont(see prior comment), and doing chanx!!! Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home