Continued remission
My August lab work indicates continued complete remission. Feeling good!
The Locums work in Richland fell through at the last minute - some documentation never sent from the local hospital - misunderstanding! Got it straightened out eventually, but too late to salvage the Richland job. Might as well just enjoy the summer some more! Flew to Orcas Island to visit MC's cousin Julia and Tom. Last time we were there was late January to watch winter storms. It's even more beautiful in the summer. Tom is an accomplished crab fisherman. All the Dungeness crab we could eat - Heaven!
Sarah came home from her Boston trip a week early. Coincidentally Bram had a few days off between river trips. So I flew down to Lewiston and picked up him and his girlfriend, Brenda. All three "kids" were able to join us for a great dinner at Sharon & Peter's cabin up the Pack River in the mountains. (It was Sharon and Peter's home in Silver Springs Maryland that we house sat for a month right after I had my stem cell transplant last summer).
Attended the last two concerts of the Festival at Sandpoint. A great "all Blues" concert with the Pettit's - up from Lewiston, and the "all Mozart" classical finale with a wine tasting, with a wonderful picnic dinner on the lawn that night with our friends Pat & Gary.
A week ago we flew to a Comanche BBQ in Puyallup, WA (south of Seattle). The next day, Monday, I interviewed with the Anesthesia department at the University of Washington. Looks like I may be able to set up a "Refresher" through the training program there, though the credentialing required before I can start could take months.
This weekend my buddy Burne came over from the Seattle area. We packed in plenty of fun - swimming, hiking, kayaking and flying.
In the mean time another Locums job at the Indian Health Service Hospital in Chinle, AZ the second week in September looks like a "go". I'll be flying down for that a few days after we get off the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. We leave tomorrow. All three kids are going with us, and we're teaming up with the Barnett's - our friends with whom we did winter x-country ski trips when the kids were growing up in Lewiston. Should be beautiful and a lot of fun!

3 Comments:
Hi Phil & MC: Glad to hear that your still doing so well! But we expect that of you over achievers. Alex is off to school on Friday, 18.3 miles away. But of course it's really another planet, populated by young people living in cramped quarters. I'll try not to cry too much, I still have George! Then there's Bobby, Vicki and Chanxs. Thanks for keeping up the blog, it is great to read about your progress.
Karen from MA
Dear Phil: Ditto from my wife. Chanx tonight. After the kid leaves Friday,bagouts on a continuous basis. Keep it up. Regards to Lane.
Dear Mary Catherine and Phil,
Sounds like good news! Keep up whatever it is you are doing right!
My God, you guys do a lot of stuff. All we did was 6 days in Wisconsin with 4 16-year-olds. Camped, swam, canoed, and hiked (until one of them got stung by a wasp 4 times, then it wasn't so fun for two of us, but the others' rest of the hike to the mouth of the Black River into Lake Superior through tons of poison ivy was the highlight of the week for them. I think Jeremy has Natty and Bram genes when he gets around canoes, but safety is not one of his priorities, and of course, MOM can't say anything. But he and another kid were rock-climbing/leaping/exploring, leaving Dad and the poor dog to fend for themselves, all of them sorely in need of "the path". Me and the stung kid, meantime, were back at the car ("I knew we shouldn't have gone here, I had a bad feeling, I just knew somehting would happen, I should have trusted my instincts, my mom always told me to trust my instincts, that's why I don't smoke and drink and do drugs, I trust my instincts, and I should have today, I knew it, I just knew it, I had a bad feeling about this place, and I knew I shouldn't have gone on that hike" etc. etc. etc. ) If I would have had some duct tape.... Oh, well, soon Mark and I can go all by ourselves.
Anyway....
So how come Minneapolis isn't in your itinerary? Come on, great bike paths...
I'll leave the light on.
Love, Elizabeth
Post a Comment
<< Home