Wings Unclipped!
I had two birthday (4/10) wishes: 1.)that my bone marrow - next week, ON my birthday no less! - continue to show complete remission, and 2.) that the FAA would clear me medically to fly. Well the FAA came through today with what they call a "Special Issuance Certificate", which allows me to fly, but requires that I re-apply in one year documenting that there has been no recurrence of the Myeloma. Really this is the best I could have expected under the circumstances.
I won't bore you all with our mundane activities since my last Blog. We've pretty much stayed home except for a short road trip the end of March to visit Sarah in Olympia and take her on an overnight to Victoria, B.C. That was fun! Mary Catherine and I have been busy trying to learn French for our 3 week visit coming up in May. At least 7 "followers of the Blog" have signed up with us for that Grand Canyon trip in May 2007. And I've started getting my credentials renewed at the hospital hoping to do some part time work starting in June.
I'll be sure to update this Blog when I return from Bethesda next week with that other half of my Birthday wishes!

2 Comments:
Hi Phil & MC,
Keep up this great momentum, you're on a roll!
Sandy G.
It was the chanx in Wellesley that did iy!!
Post a Comment
<< Home