Monday, November 10, 2008

The Cosmic Link

A miscommunication between my Locums agency and the hospital in Auburn, Washington resulted in a false start on the 13th of October. I won't bore you with the details, but I ended up flying home and returning to work the 20th-31st (instead of the originally scheduled 13th-24th). Less overtime this stint, and no weekend call, allowed me to visit lots of Seattle folks during my stay: Sarah and Ethan, Jon & Sondra, Buz Sandri, Bonnie & Joe, Hunter and Elaine, and Ric and Donna!
The only downside of working one week later was having only one day between my return to Sandpoint and my trip back East to Bethesda for my 6 month transplant follow-up! But the news there was so good, who cares. All the blood tests looked good, and my bone marrow is perfect, not a trace of Myeloma, really more normal than ANY of my prior "remissions".

In Bethesda I stayed at Chinky's and we had dinner the first evening with Sharon and Peter - superb, as always. I was also able to make a side trip up to Boston, where my folks stuffed me with lobster and scallops, and we joyfully shared the Election outcome. With my Myeloma diagnosed in May 2004, I've recently had the uncanny conviction that the twin nightmares of Dubya's presidency and the Myeloma are cosmically linked, and together coming to their ends!

Which brings up a strange confession from this self admitted "spiritual atheist". Every day since the Election I've said a silent prayer for Obama: for patience, understanding, wisdom, courage and determination,...and above all to keep him safe from harm!

Phil

3 Comments:

At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear that everything is going so well!! thanks for the little Obama prayers anyway!! Isn't it Just Great that he won!! Dr. Soloniuk is just sure we are headed toward a system of health care like Canada's and that we are doomed!! Such negitivity!!! I refused to listen, and tried to offer a more realistic and positive alternative!! Darcell goes in for surgery on Wednesday. She goes to the hosp. tomarrow to start the prep and get an "ostomy fitting" so to speak... Anyway all is good. Again, I am happy to hear good news coming from your camp.... Hug each other for me!!
lane

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news to read your marrow is "PERFECT." I've got some limoncello waiting for you in that groovy bottle but haven't made it all the "long" way over to your house with it. Never fear - we promise not to polish it off.

Yes, all of us spiritual atheists can join in with those prayers for the Obama family and for your marrow!

karen

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home